Salaam is a quarterly magazine for children between 6-12. It is a great scientific and Islamic source for children, parents and teachers. Most articles are prepared with youth and reviewed by the experts in their corresponding fields. Visit Salaam Magazine Youtube Channel to learn more!
Salaam Fall 2020
- Celebrating All Colors! We are all different colors in one palette, all part of one beautiful painting.
- Salaam searched around the world for marvelous Mosques. We are sure you would like to visit these mosques one day.
- Why do leaves change the color in fall? Eren teaches us how to measure the light and find out it!
- Lets learn our beloved prophet’s (PBUH) sense of equality with the story of Hazrat Bilal ibn Rabaha (RA).
- It’s me! The Most Popular Virus! Get to know the Coronavirus better, and see the positive effects of it on the environment. Even the most horrible things are not always completely bad!
- Brownie, the traveler cat, visits Greece and is shocked by plate smashing!
- Tarik and Rogy have to redesign the classroom for coronavirus prevention. They meet with Architect Sinan to ask for help.
- Asiya’s Pearls “ar-Rabb,” Puzzles, Comedy channel, Find the Hadith, Little Chef’s in the Kitchen, Craft Time, Book Recommendation, Contest ($20 Amazon gift card for the winners) and many more can be found in Salaam’s fun and colorful pages.
Salaam Summer 2020
In this issue; Empathy, Dogs and Dhul Hijjah are the top three topics. Let’s see what’s inside:
- Asiya and Mariam’s heartwarming story explains The Beautiful Name of Allah (SWT), Al-Haleem
- What is Minecraft?
- Why are the world’s lungs on fire? Forest Fires: cause, effect, and solutions
- Ms. Chessick explains empathy
- One of Allah’s (SWT) amazing creatures, dogs; you will not believe the fascinating abilities they have! Am I sick Dogtor?
- Our beloved Prophet’s great sense of empathy
- One on one with counselor Anisa Diab on mental health.
- Tarik and Rogy meet Al-Khwarizmi and Muhammad Ali
- Learn Dhul Hijjah and celebrate Eid al-Adha with puzzles!
- Eren’s Lab, the fastest pizza, Eid gift idea, comedy channel and much more in Salaam Magazine summer edition.
One day, a mother and five girls came together to prepare an Eid gift for children. After some brainstorming, they decided on putting together a magazine that is not only fun to read, but educational. With a little bit of motivation and inspiration, they successfully launched 1st issue in June 2017.
Over time, Salaam has become a team of teens working with experts to explore important subjects, while growing more comfortable with their religious identity. Salaam team aim to inspire a generation of children who value good ethics and demonstrate great manners taught in Islam through our own form of media.
You love Salaam as much as they do, inshaAllah!
- Esra Nur Sula, Founder, BS and MS in Architecture
- Fatma Zehra Sula, Editor, student of Psychology at RIT
- Micheal Alan Mancini, Senior Editor, Dual Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology and English writing, a recipient of the Clarence Amann Award in Creative Writing, and has served as an English, essay writing tutor at the undergraduate college level.
- Adnan Sarikabak, Graphic Designer
- Huseyin T. Sula, IT
- Omer Said, Comic Author and Illustrator
- Arzu Nur, Puzzle Designer and Illustrator
- Hafsa Cagdir, Illustrator
Salaam Contributor Writers and Experts
- Amy A. Ay, PhD in Chemistry
- Bilgenur Sirin, BA in Psychology, BS in Brain and Cognitive Science
- Hannah Bayram, Nurse Practitioner
- Lisa C. Costanzo, BS in Special Education, MS in Elementary Education, PhD in Bilingual Education
- Karuna Riazi, MG Author
- Nahida Esmail, BS in Psychology and MS in Child Development with Early Childhood Education at the University of London. She is an award-winning author of four young adult novels and ten children’s picture books. Her novels have all received CODE’s Burt Award for African Literature. In 2015, she was honored with the Tanzania Women’s Achievement Award in the Education category.
- Semra Coban, BS and MS in Architecture
- Stevie Welch, Registered Nurse